The existing gardens originally formed part of the larger layout designed by Percy Cane for the owners of Ardencraig House. The walled garden acquired by Rothesay Town Council in 1970, and latterly by Argyll and Bute Council, has been developed to create a propagation, education and show garden. New plant cultivars are introduced annually and the extensive fuchsia and bedding displays contain many of the best cultivars available. There is a tea room adjacent to the gardens and a number of avaries housing a range of foreign bird species have been built to provide further interest. Garden staff are available to provide information as required.
Phone: 00 44 1700 504644