The Hill House is considered the finest of Charles Rennie Mackintosh’s domestic designs, and was built for theGlasgowpublisher Walter Blackie in 1902, when the famous architect was at the height of his creative powers.
Mackintosh and his wife Margaret also designed the interior furniture, fittings and decorative schemes, so this is a complete design statement, all beautifully restored by The National Trust forScotland.
It also features a beautiful garden sympathetically restored to the early designs suggested by Mackintosh.
Hill House is just a short taxi ride from Rhu Marina, and is open from April to October.
For more information see : www.nts.org.uk/Property/The-Hill-House