05 Aug 2016
The Clean Coasts Programme mission is protecting our beautiful coastline in the MalinWaters of Ireland including Donegal and Sligo with the help of local community groups and amabassadors.
Clean Coasts organises hundreds of beach clean-ups annually mobilising thousands of volunteers, removing considerable quantities of marine litter from Ireland’s beaches and waterways.
Clean Coasts has developed a suite of community engagement initiatives that has led to the expansion of the Clean Coasts programme, including; Coca-Cola Clean Coasts Week, the Big Beach Clean, Love Your Coast Photography Competition, Ocean Hero Awards, Clean Coasts Road Show, Think Before You Flush and the Clean Coasts Corporate Volunteering Programme. They have also joined international campaigns such as Beat the Microbead and #2MinuteBeachClean.
Here are the Top 7 Ways to Protect the Coastline from Clean Coasts!
1. Start or join an existing Clean Coasts group.
3. Carry out a 2 minute beach clean - #2minutebeachclean
5. Practice the 3 R's of the Environment: Reduce - Reuse – Recycle.
6. Play your part towards achieving excellent coastal water quality.
7. Be mindful of sensitive habitats and coastal wildlife when visiting the coast.
For more information visit http://cleancoasts.org/