15 Jan 2015
1. Tarbert is a natural shelter and safe environment.
2. Tarbert is a traditional working Fishing Village with friendly welcome and atmosphere.
3. Tarbert is famous for its local ‘Fresh Seafood’, and excellent choice of restaurants, bars, hotels, shops and galleries.
4. Tarbert is picturesque and has outstanding walks including part of the Kintyre way and the Corranbuie walks overlooking the Kyles of Bute & Heads of Ayr. It is a wonderful scenic retreat bursting with nature and popular with photographers and artists.
5. Tarbert has a golf course and outdoor bowls, seasonal rib tours, kayaking, sea diving boat charters, and seasonal trips on Waverley paddle steamer up Loch Fyne. A bus journey away is the Argyll Adventure centre outside Inverary which teaches clay pigeon shooting, horse riding, laser tag, bungee and paintball.
6. Tarbert is famous for its many festivals throughout the year including the Scottish Series, the second largest yachting event in the UK.
7. Tarbert boasts a large unique shore side recreation area perfect for social gatherings, musters, bbqs & Picnics. It also includes an outdoor gym, table tennis and family games. This area is covered with soft attractive astro turf and includes a seasonal community marquee.
8. Tarbert has a 10 minute pedestrian walkway from the pontoons direct into the village and continues all the way round the harbour.
9. Tarbert is a Yachtsman’s paradise with excellent sailing, known as a superb location for sailing in Loch Fyne, Kyles of Bute and Western Isles.
10. Good bus links to nearby villages, ferry ports and major cities.
Tarbert and Argyll are steeped in culture, nature and heritage offering something for every one of all ages and capabilities.
Tarbert is waiting to welcome you so why not come and visit us?