Information we collect
Our function is to facilitate your efforts to find a marine leisure product or service that suits you in the MalinWaters area. As a user of our website, you may opt-in to receive information from us, in which case we will require certain personal data from you. This will include your name and email address, and we may also ask for your telephone number so that we can contact you in the event that a problem arises.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site (which is optional), subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information, for example when you enter a competition or promotion, and when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you are not obliged to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Any information you provide to us in connection with your use of the forum.
Use of your information by third parties
MalinWaters does not sell or pass on your personal details to third parties without your consent, except in the following, highly unlikely, instances:
- Where it is required by applicable law or pursuant to a court or similar order.
- Where it is required urgently to prevent serious loss or damage to property of MalinWaters.
- Where it is required for the purposes of obtaining legal advice or for the purposes of, or in the course of, legal proceedings to which MalinWaters is a party or a witness.
From time to time, we conduct joint promotional email campaigns with third parties. As part of such campaigns, if you have ‘opted in’ to receive them, we may forward promotional emails to your email address containing information on products and services that we feel may be of interest to you. Such emails may include links to the websites of third parties, and in this regard we would refer you to the section headed ‘Security’ below. We will not make your personal information available to any third party and any promotional emails will always be sent by us.
When you register with us or enter our prize draws, you will have the opportunity to opt out of receiving promotional information from us. This can be done by simply checking the relevant box that appears in our registration form.
If you decide that you no longer wish to receive promotional information, you can contact us and we will remove you from our mailing list.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Analysis of click trails
On MalinWaters websites, IP addresses (the Internet address of a computer) are logged to track a user’s session while the user remains anonymous. We analyse this data for certain trends and statistics, such as which parts of our site users are visiting and how long they spend there. We do not link your IP addresses to anything personally identifiable to you. Like most websites we gather statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate basis of all visitors to our website. The statistical data about our users browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
A cookie is a text-only file that is placed on your computer by another computer on the internet to enable that computer to know when you are visiting a particular web site.
Cookies enable us to monitor the number of people visiting our site and to determine the country of origin of specific users. MalinWaters implement cookies as part of our banner marketing activity and use them to measure marketing effectiveness.
MalinWaters takes appropriate measures to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our sites, and periodically updates its security measures in light of current technologies. You need to be aware, however, that the nature f the internet is such that we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us via the internet. No data transmission over the internet can be 100% secure. However, we will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data. If you have concerns in this regard, MalinWaters has other ways of obtaining and providing information such as post or telephone. Contact us on 00353 74 91 72597 for more information.
MalinWaters sites may also be linked to websites operated by third parties. These links are meant for your convenience only. Links to third party sites do not constitute endorsement on the part of MalinWaters of those sites and we are not responsible for the privacy practices of the owners and operators of those sites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and practices on each site which asks you to submit personal information.
Conditions of use and revisions